What is the easiest pool to keep clean? That is a question the swimming pool contractors and service pros from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair in Scottsdale, AZ get asked all the time. Fiberglass pools are easy to clean and also use fewer chemicals than other pool construction materials might.
Concrete, vinyl liner and fiberglass are the three types of pool construction materials you have as options when your pool is being built. You will want to talk with your pool contractor and ask him or her to explain the benefits of all the materials as well as the cleaning and maintenance that goes into each one.
Fiberglass pools are easy to clean
There are myriad reasons to choose fiberglass and here are a few:
- Fiberglass requires fewer chemicals to clean.
- Concrete can change the pool water chemistry and that could mean more frequent cleanings.
- Fiberglass swimming pools are easier to clean because of their smooth surface.
- Fiberglass pools can better withstand shocks and damage from earthquakes.
- Fiberglass pools are so smooth that it makes it hard for bacteria and algae to take hold and grow.
One other big plus in for a fiberglass swimming pool is it only takes about two weeks to construct — that can certainly be a plus for people living in Arizona!
Once your pool has been built, give us a call and let’s talk about pool maintenance to protect your investment!