Who’s ready for the spoooooooky Halloween season and for trick-or-treating? If you wonder how to throw a Halloween pool party, you’re in luck! We have a list of ideas and ways to enjoy the day and your pool as well! Give the swimming pool service contractors from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair in Scottsdale, AZ a call to clean the pool prior to the party and cleaning after the party’s over.
When you live in Arizona, you are fortunate enough to still have your pool open and to use your pool as part of the Halloween pool party events!
How to throw a Halloween pool party
Here are ideas for your Halloween pool party that will be all treat, no trick! :
- Plan a in pool relay race with blow up pumpkins, skeleton heads and other small Halloween inflatables.
- Play orange light/black light (based on the game red light/green light). Orange is go and black is stop. You could do this in the pool as well as out of it.
- Host a scavenger or treasure hunt by filling plastic Halloween baskets with goodies and hide them. Hosting a Halloween party at home is a great way to help keep the children safe if you don’t like them going door to door.
- Host a costume contest and make sure everyone gets a prize.
- Halloween-themed foods need to be on the menu. Scary eyes — peeled grapes; worms and guts — spaghetti and meatballs; frank-en-furters — mini hot dogs wrapped in a croissant; let your imagination go wild.
- Illuminate the backyard with hanging strings of lights in a Halloween theme — bats, ghosts, witches, pumpkins.
- If it’s too cold to swim, illuminate the pool with floating pumpkin candles.
- Toss towels in the dryer in case it’s a bit chilly. That way your guests can wrap up and be warm.
- Buy a bunch of pumpkins and have a Jack-o-Lantern carving or painting contest or even a cupcake decorating table for the guests.
- String a sheet across the yard as a movie screen and play your favorite Halloween-themed movies.