Just as your swimming pool needs to be cleaned and the walls and floors scrubbed on occasion so, too do your swimming pool tiles and the deck area. Keeping the pool clean involves more than vacuuming and maintaining the structure itself, it also involves removing calcium water deposits and lime scale from your deck. Swimming pool service contractors in Scottsdale, Arizona who are typically also swimming pool tile cleaning professionals explain that it requires specific steps to keep the tiles clean.
Hard water deposits are usually found on the upper rows of the tiles that surrounding your swimming pool and because of this your pool service contractor will likely need to drain it a few inches to remove the deposits. Your service professional has the skills and experience necessary to perform this task for you.
When your service tech from Swim Right Pools comes to clean the swimming pool tiles here is some of the work that will go into the project:
- The pool water will be drained to below the rows of tiles that are encrusted with the hard water or lime deposits and a layer of an acidic gel tile cleaner will be applied, one section at a time. The gel will be worked into the tiles and allowed to sit and work for at least 15 minutes to loosen the deposits.
- The deposits will be scoured and deposits that are not easily removed, will be scraped out with a razor blade.
- The gel and its residue will need to be wiped away and your swimming pool pro will take care to not let any of the cleaner drip into the remaining pool water.
- Your swimming pool service contractor will work his way around the pool inspecting all of the surfaces and will repeat the process until the tiles are clean. They will pick up a shine once the deposits are cleaned off – and will look as good as new.
- If you have hard water build up and deposits on the tiles on the deck surrounding the swimming pool, your pool tech will take care of that as well.
Many pool owners find that calcium and lime build up are those items that sneak up without your noticing until it becomes a problem. Asking your pool contractor to keep the tiles clean and keeping hard water deposit build-up at bay is something you can work into a swimming pool service contract.