We always tell our pool and hot tub customers to be diligent in the use of a pool cover. There are so many benefits from trapping the heated water, slowing the rate of evaporation, and keeping dirt and debris out, among others. We also know that mold can build up and here are tips on how to clean mold off the pool cover for Arizona pool owners.
The swimming pool contractors from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair understand that anytime you can take a swim or soak in the hot tub is one of the best times of the day. They do know that if you use a pool or a hot tub cover — which you should — there is the potential for mold growth.
It’s not the end of the world, but you certainly don’t want to use a cover that is dripping mold spores into your water.
How to clean mold off the pool cover
Her are tips to clean the pool or hot tub cover.
- Remove it
- Lay it in the yard in a space it won’t get walked on
- Prepare a bucket of a gallon of warm water, a teaspoon of mild detergent and a cup of bleach
- Wear gloves to protect your skin
- Buy a soft brush or a sponge. If you can find one with a long handle, your back will thank you
- Thoroughly clean off all the mold
- Rinse with clean water
- Let the cover dry thoroughly
If you’re new to pool ownership or if this is the year you decide to use your free time to swim or soak and not clean, give us a call!