You’re all ready to jump in the pool and what is that? A bee? Ant? What? The last thing you want to do is share your pool time with bugs, right? The swimming pool service contractors from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair know that you don’t want to be bugged when you swim. Why are there bugs in the pool water? Various reasons.
Most bugs can be quickly and easily skimmed out of the water, but if you keep having to address buggy issues, you will want to do something about that and that may mean giving a pool contractor a call to help out. Nothing ruins a party or a picnic like ants, right? That holds true for biting and stinging insects in and around the pool. Bugs can also cause damage you can’t see because they can cause damage under the pool or in the electric lines or plumbing. You’ll notice it only when something goes wrong.
Why are there bugs in the pool water?
Here are some of the creepy crawlers you may find in and around your pool.
- Arizona is home to more ant species than any other state. Chances are you will be bugged by them at some point with carpenter ants being the ones that can destroy pool wiring or damage to the hot tub insulation.
- Bees, no one wants to get stung by a bee and because we’ve heard of the “murder hornets” in Arizona, it is even more important to ensure there aren’t bees around the pool or outdoor living space and that there is nothing there to lure them in like food or drinks.
- Rodents will destroy areas of your pool or hot tub you just can’t see. In fact, the insulation in a hot tub is like candy to them. Rodents will also make nests and that could damage pool equipment.
Here are a few quick trips to keep your pool from getting bugged:
- Ensure there are no cracks in hot tub housing
- Keep food and drinks away from the pool.
- Keep all garbage cans covered and away from the pool and outdoor living space
- We will inspect the hot tub or pool for potential problem areas and repair damage
Don’t use harmful bug repellant around the pool because it could sicken you or your pets and could upset the water chemisty. Before you spray or treat the area, give us a call and let’s talk about the best way to get rid of bugs.