Know what’s great about having your own swimming pool? Other than a LOT of things? It’s not only a great place for fun, it’s a great place to get and stay in shape! The pool contractors from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair in Scottsdale, AZ offers 5 reasons swimming is a great exercise.
Have you worried that you can’t get a good workout in a swimming pool because it seems too much like fun and not enough like exercise? You truly can! Swimming is an exercise that is gentle on your muscles and joints and is still a challenging whole body workout.
5 reasons swimming is a great exercise
There are more than five, but these will get you started on a great workout.
- Even if you have physical challenges or are rehabbing from an injury, swimming is ideal. A land-based workout can lead to further injuries. If you want to get in shape as you’re recovering, slip into the pool and swim a few laps.
- You won’t suffer joint pain. Swimming is a low impact workout that won’t make back pain or arthritis or other joint health issues worse. Swimming is the recommended exercise for those suffering joint issues.
- Your heart will thank you. A strong heart can mean you will have a longer, healthier life. Swimming is a fantastic cardiovascular workout. You can get in a great, heart-pumping workout without even breaking a sweat; that is ideal in our triple digit Arizona temperatures.
- If you want a full-body workout, then get into the pool. You’ll be working your core muscles, leg, arm, shoulder and everything in between when you’re swimming. Swimming also requires hand eye and muscle coordination to get smooth, sleek strokes.
- Be healthier and stay at a healthy weight. Yes, we all like to indulge and if you do you should find a way to burn off those calories. Jump into the pool, lose weight, burn calories and maintain a healthy body weight. Obesity is an epidemic and can lead to other health issues. When you swim regularly and cut back on calories you can get to a healthier weight.
Talk with your doctor before you start a workout routine, but we will bet your doctor agrees that swimming is a great way to get back in shape and help you live a longer, happier, healthier life!