For some Arizona swimming pool owners, a pool remodeling project can be as pricy, involved and disruptive as the original pool construction project. How to prepare for a swimming pool remodeling project is something the swimming pool service contractors from SwimRight Pool Service & Repair talk with their customers about quite regularly.
There are many reasons to undertake a swimming pool remodeling project:
- You’ve owned your pool for some time and want a change
- You bought a home with an existing pool and you now want to put your own touch on it
- You had more items on your pool wish list that didn’t make it into the original construction and now you have the budget for that
Regardless of the reason for your pool remodeling project, you need to find the best pool contractor for the job.
How to prepare for a swimming pool remodeling project
We’ve compiled a list of the questions and topics that we talk with our customers about when they’re getting ready to remodel their swimming pool. This will give you a jumping off point when talking with your contractor.
- What is the best time of year to start the project? For many contractors, the off season is best. The off season will also mean you will have access to your swimming pool all summer; depending where you live, summer swim season may be short lived and you don’t want to miss a precious moment. Spring and the end of summer are traditionally ideal times.
- Know what you want in your pool remodel and find a contractor who is experienced in that type project. Talk with your own pool service contractor to ask his or her advice and recommendations. Just as you requested more than one estimate when you had the pool built, request at least three estimates for your pool remodel.
- Make sure the pool contractor you choose is licensed and insured in the state in which you live. You will want to see a copy of the insurance.
- How long will the project take? You need to be able to plan how long you will be without the pool, will have contractors in your backyard and when you can throw your unveiling party!
- If your remodeling project is one that will involve upgrading and updating pool equipment, opt for the highest quality, most energy efficient equipment your budget allows. The money you spend up front on this equipment will be reaped in energy and utility bill savings.
Keep your budget firmly in mind, but ask the pool contractor how much you should set aside in a “reserve” in the event the project hits a snag. Know that once the project is complete, you will be able to kick back and enjoy the “new” pool in your back yard!