SwimRight Pool contractors, in Scottsdale, Arizona, cite reasons to use pool covers
If you’re a swimming pool owner, you likely understand the benefits of using a swimming pool cover. If you’re a new pool owner in Scottsdale, Arizona you may be wondering whether it’s worth it to make the investment in a pool cover. The swimming pool service contractors from SwimRight Pools explain that pool covers should be considered a necessity, rather than an accessory and here are seven reasons why:
In case you’re still on the fence on whether you should invest in a swimming pool cover, here are seven reasons Scottsdale, Arizona swimming pool service contractors explain that you should:
- A cover can slow down the amount of water lost through evaporation. Evaporation of your pool water, especially when the temperatures get into the double digits can be daunting. Trapping the water that might be lost through evaporation with a cover makes financial sense.
- Using a cover to slow the rate of water evaporation also means that your pool chemicals won’t evaporate with the water and that could save you money as well.
- Heated water will evaporate and heated water will be harder to keep at the ideal temperature of the surface of your pool is exposed. Additionally, cover will retain the heat, especially when the temperatures drop in the night time as they do in the desert.
- Pool maintenance could take a shorter time if you use a pool cover. A cover keeps our leaves and dust from the dust storms that plague Arizona during monsoon season.
- Save money by using a pool cover. How? The utility bills will be smaller, you won’t have to refill the pool a often and you may be able to cut back on maintenance and chemicals.
- A pool cover can add a layer of safety. Keep in mind that not all covers are rated as “safety covers” and if you’re looking for a safety cover, talk with us to make certain you’re getting the right style.
- Consider having an automatic cover installed. This will make it easier to assure you’re diligent in the use of the cover.
The next time we pay a service call, ask about the benefits of pool covers.