Whew! It’s hot and it’s not even the middle of summer! How will you and your family stay cool AND save money? The swimming pool contractors from SwimRight Pools in Scottsdale, AZ have tips on 5 pool technologies to save you money (and even time!) between pool contractor visits or if you’re a DIYer you will welcome these!
You love swimming, but you don’t love:
- The time it takes to clean the pool
- The money it costs to run the pool
If you work with a pool service contractor, and many pool owners find they save money when they do, there are a few tasks you will want to keep up with between service visits.
5 pool technologies to save you money
- Automatic chlorinators. With this device you drop a few chlorine tablets in, the device floats on the surface of the water and releases the tablets when necessary.
- Robotic vacuums. Turn it on, drop it into the water and walk away! These little robots do the work for you. They may not do as thorough a job as a pool contractor would when he brushes the walls and floor, but they are great little helpers between service visits.
- Solar skimmers use the power of the Arizona sunshine to motor the surface skimmer across the surface of the pool water. The sun powers it and it clears off floating debris.
- Remote control and phone apps make it easier to “set it and forget it” when it comes to many pool tasks. You can use a remote control or app or timer to set the pool pump and filter, to test the water and even to turn on the hot tub heater and jets to get it ready for you when you’re ready for it!
- A variable speed pool pump may not save you any time BUT it will save you money! Variable speed pumps use less energy unless it senses a need to operate at a higher level for a thorough cleaning.
Give us a call if you’re interested in an estimate on pool service or to discuss pool technologies that could save you money.